How many ways can you send a message? There are so many unique ways! Special deliveries are the best but even better are the messages found in each package. This month, we are going to look at the most important message that was ever sent out and how we are meant to be the ones delivering it. Kids are God’s messengers that can share the stories of God’s miracles and help. Get kids involved in helping God’s message go everywhere because God delivers everyone!
Important note for outfitter leaders
Outfitter Leaders, this month we are introducing the concept of small groups. Our goal is to create a time for kids to build relationships and connect with each other and leaders. As in the past, our time with the kids will begin in small groups, move to a large group lesson time, then transition back into small groups. While in their small group time, leaders will have a large responsibility to interact, teaching, and share with the kids. As a leader, you will need to review the small group instructions and come ready to lead you kids during this time. As always, we will make sure you have the necessary materials, props, and supplies ready for you. Here's what Outfitters will look like starting Sunday, May 1st.
9:30 AM - Leaders Huddle & Prep Time
- Leader arrive, huddle up, go over lesson plans and materials, and get ready for kids to arrive.
- Kids begin arriving. Students will gather in their assigned small group areas. There will be table-top games, and activities for kid that will encourage interaction.
- Begin your small group time. Follow the weekly instructions in the lesson materials. There will be a game or activity that you will lead with your kids.
- The 5 minute countdown video will begin. This is your cue that it's almost time for our large group gathering by the TV. With a minute left, you will want to bring your small group to the large group area.
- Large Group program lead by our large group leaders. This time will include singing, our weekly teaching video, Big Idea, Memory Verse, and a short introduction to the lesson.
- Everyone will return to their small group space for a closer look at the lesson, discussion questions, and and activity. Again, be sure you review the small group materials so you are ready to lead during this time.
- Kids will stay in their small groups until parents pick up. One of the large group leaders will station themselves by the doors to greet parents and cal out for kids to be picked up.
River Kids lessons & Teaching Videos
outfitter kids lessons & Teaching videos
OUR BIBLE VERSE...
Our memory verse for this series is from Isaiah 6:8 (NIV)!
To help you kids learn the memory verse, print it out and hang it around your house! You can hang it on the fridge, in the bathroom, in their bedrooms, write it on a chalk board, hang it by their toys, in the living room, or anywhere and everywhere!
Click on the graphic to open and print from your browser.